The threat of global warming and climate change calls for accelerated efforts to decarbonise our systems. In energy, battery is at the forefront of this charge. Simply put, battery technology will be part of the future.
The course is free of charge, but is considered as state aid.
The training programme consists of four separate courses
The training programme consists of four (4) separate courses and we recommend that you take all four courses for a complete introduction to batteries.
- Fundamentals on batteries
- Battery Management Systems
- Battery Testing
- Power Convertors and Efficiency in Battery Applications
- Battery system integrators & battery technicians, energy management system developers and providers, researchers in the field of energy or battery storage.
- Anyone with a non-engineering background working with battery applications looking for an overview of power converter needs and insights into the impact on system performance.
- Anyone interested in understanding basic principles of batteries, Battery Management Systems, battery testing and power conversion in battery applications.
- Anyone working in industries being affected by the electromobility transition and the transition to a sustainable electricity system.
To take part in the course, you must be an employee of a company with no more than 250 employees within the vechicle / transport / industrial industry, and established within one of the Gothenburg region’s 13 municipalities (Ale, Alingsås, Gothenburg, Härryda, Kungsbacka, Kungälv, Lerum, Lilla Edet, Mölndal, Partille, Stenungsund, Tjörn, Öckerö).
At the end of the course, learners that completed the training (4 courses ) successfully will receive an EBA Academy Certificate. The modules have to be completed in chronological order.
- Basic understanding of chemistry.
- Battery management systems and Battery testing: Basic understanding of battery cells, system components and their working principles.
- Power Convertors and Efficiency in Battery Applications: Basic understanding of electrical systems.
State aid and digital signature
The course is free of charge, but is considered as state aid. Participating companies are thereby obliged to sign a form to confirm that they have recieved state aid.
This course is partly financed by the European Social Fund. After the course, you will need to digitally sign your participation.
This is an online course that can be taken at the learner’s ordinary location. The 4 courses consist of total 37,5 h educational hours, and will all be conducted in English.
Preliminary access to the course starts 1 February.
In partnership with Göteborgsregionens Kompetensnav and the EBA Academy
This programme is delivered in partnership with Göteborgsregionens Kompetensnav and the EBA Academy, part of the European Battery Alliance, and EIT InnoEnergy, a pan-European learning services partner dedicated to upskilling and reskilling European workers across the battery value chain.