Successful people are often characterized by their ability to catch the attention of their audience. Everybody can get better at delivering a message and keeping the audience interested. You can learn how to catch the audience’s interest – and keep them curious about what you have to say.
The course mixes theory with practice. Short lectures will be mixed with discussions and speaking exercises. The exercises stress the importance of structure and clarity, as well as the value of a striking introduction and a memorable conclusion.
As a part of this course, you will be introduced to a model on how to present information in an effective way. You will familiarize yourself with basic rhetoric theory and how this is put to use. Focus will be on how to prepare, execute and evaluate your presentations.
After the course, you have acquired skills and knowledge that will improve your future presentations. You will have a better understanding of the importance of preparation and that verbal communication is only one part of the message you convey.
Number of participants
At GTC in Torslanda or Lindholmen, or at your business.
During the course we focus on:
- The trademarks of a good presentation
- How to deal with speech anxiety
- Short presentations in front of an audience
- Tools to win over a difficult audience
- How to successfully convince your listeners
- How to catch the audience’s attention with a striking introduction
- Different rhetorical models and figures of speech
- How to conclude a presentation in a memorable way
- Evaluation and self-assessment as tools to improve as a presenter
Prerequisites: Basic proficiency in English
You will be presented with theoretical knowledge and test said knowledge in exercises throughout the day.
You will have a new skill set regarding planning, executing and evaluating your presentations, using the tools you have been given during the course.
Other nearby courses
Rhetoric Swedish is a two day version of Rhetoric English, given in Swedish.